Thursday, September 11, 2008

Leader's debate.

With Elizabeth May now being allowed into the Leader's debate, I have to wonder what criteria is standard for allocation of a position in it?

Not that I have any major problem with her being there, but I'm wondering now if the qualifications to participate are low enough to allow other national parties like the Marijuanna party (which I should point out is a single issue party as well) leader a spot at the debate? I mean if we set the standards to where you don't have to have a sitting MP to be allowed in to the debate, nor do you require a platform that encompasses all aspects of Canadian society, should we not then invite all of the national parties to have their leader at the debate to represent them?

However critically I must say that after May did everything just short of actually saying she would be voting Liberal, this appears to me to be nothing more than a ploy to have a dual Liberal voice on the panel to combat a weak Liberal leader with a bad political policy (Green shift plan).

On a final note I have to correct The Green party leader when she said that it was the "outcry" of the people which changed whether she was allowed in the debate or not, it was her own outcry of "discrimination" because she's a woman that changed the outcome. I guess she is a true politician, she'll say or do anything to get what she wants. (Sounds very much like very young children too doesn't it.)

Make your vote count by KNOWING who, and what you are voting for!
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment